Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Air force academy race weekend.

At this point for me racing and even my training sessions are about execution. This weekend I executed poorly. It was not all my fault, never is in cycling, right? “That guy let the wheel go, the tactics were bad, I was behind the crash, flat tire, broken chain, blah, blah, blah. I am not one for excuses so lets talk about what I did have control over and how I could have done better. The pro’s did a great job turning the “climbers” RR course into a non climbers race, sort of. Nailing it in the cross wind and riding easy up the climb. With a dead on head wind it made it very difficult to get away on the climb and very easy to sit in. well maybe not very…
The RR was a tactical game of energy conservation and positioning.
Being able to crush the watts didn’t hurt either…

race reports up!

No comments: