Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Surviving or Competing

trying to finiah the road race with some style...



In cycling, Triathlon and many other endurance and out door sports survival is half the battle. on Monday in the Burlington Crit on the last day of the Green MT stage race I did just that. survived. I survived well too. never really under pressure but also not really able to attack or ride on the front. however, in surviving I out lasted about 30% of the field and moved from about 40th on GC to 29th. I was pretty happy. The tough course and blistering pace on the last day of racing in VT will test the will power and fitness of any rider. I felt a huge sense of accomplishment in finishing. I know many riders who did not. I know some very good riders who did not.
check the race report for the turn by turn details. coming soon!!

No comments: